Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you, the empty Nutella jar. I finished it off just now. But it only makes me feel slightly better.

For the past 3 weeks I was prescribed a diet in which I could eat no raw fruits or vegetables, no whole grains, no spices, and no chocolate. Can you imagine how much a diet like this sucks after about the 4th day? I have become a blubber butt.

I also have no job, despite working for a temp agency.

The weather has been hot and I've had cats harassing me late into the night. I get very little done, and seem to keep running into annoyances - Igot a flat tire; I got a "fix it ticket" for which I must navigate the complex and expensive LA DMV; I misplaced my ipod, an earring, a shirt (but found them); my contact prescription ran out; my car alarm stopped working; and just now my car battery seems to have died.

I guess these things are all just hurdles, really. But add them in to the mix about what really kinda gets me down in LA and it's kinda harsh. I don't fit here. It's hard even to enjoy lonliness. I have no where that feels like home and I can't find anyone who's very similar to me. Instead I look into the jarring face of constant differences - ones that people don't seem to like to overlook.


Anyway. I'm going to go sleep underneath the pool and probably cry since it's not really safe for me to walk home right now and do that...

No comments: